Does your child or adolescent:
- Have frequent meltdowns?
- Worry excessively and appear nervous?
- Seem depressed, irritable, or withdrawn?
- Cut or engage in other self-harm behavior?
- Have difficulty following directions?
- Have trouble paying attention?
- Have difficulty making friends?
- Ignore your instructions?
- Perform poorly in school?
- Have difficulty eating and sleeping?
- We can help. Just like adults, sometimes a child or adolescent can benefit from therapy.
We can help you identify the underlying cause of your child’s problems and develop strategies to help you and your child to learn better, more effective ways of behaving, coping with frustrations, and solving problems. We have clinical psychologists and experienced therapists who specialize in working with children and adolescents.
Sometimes, significant life events such as the death of a family member, friend, or pet; a move; divorce; abuse; trauma; or an illness can lead to problems with behavior, mood, sleep, appetite, and academic or social functioning. It may not always be clear what has caused a child to suddenly seem withdrawn, worried, sulky or tearful. If you feel that your child is experiencing an emotional or behavioral problem, or may need help coping with his/her life events, it is worth pursing a professional consultation.
In addition to providing expert evidence based therapy, we are able to provide a full range of psychological and neuropsychological testing.
Call 703-537-6311 or email us at email@example.com and we will schedule a Free consultation in person or by telephone with an experienced therapist to discuss your needs and how we may help you.